UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to Rachel Baet who won a set of Harmony Cards for Kids.
We all want our children to be happy, healthy, caring adults, to be filled with confidence, compassion and a good sense of what is of true value in this world. Harmony Cards for Kids makes it easy for parents and teachers to help kids learn essential values to invite more happiness and peace into their lives.
The set includes 30 cards and a guidebook which shows parents/teachers effective ways of using the cards.
The 30 sturdy, double sided cards are cheerful and bright. Each one features a different value along with a colorful graphic on the front. The back includes a clarifying statement to increase understanding of the value, three affirmations to encourage application and a question to ponder or to use as a conversation starter. For example:
I choose to create a great day. I use positive words and thoughts. I am resilient and bounce back. I focus on solutions, not obstacles. How do I choose optimism?
What I like about Harmony Cards for Kids
- univseral application- all 30 cards focus on acting and living well without being preachy
- playful illustrations – my kids enjoy looking through the cards and commenting on the artwork
- child friendly affirmations
- individually adaptable to fit my life and how I parent/teach
- easy way to increase understanding of terms which are sometimes left undefined but assumed to be understood
- multiple creative use suggestions – my fave is “Choose a virtue for the week and practise random acts. For example: random acts of kindness, creativity, encouragement, generosity…”
You can find purchase a set from Kids in Harmony in Australia for $35.00. There is also an A3 size (11.7 x16.5 inches) Harmony poster for $5.00 and a School Deal which includes 15 posters and 15 sets of cards for $495.00 (a fab support for anti-bullying initiatives).
How to Enter the Giveaway
We are giving away one set of Harmony Cards for Kids. Enjoy any of these ways to enter. Enter often and share generously.
- Leave a comment sharing your favorite affirmation
- Like Harmony Cards for Kids on Facebook – comment here to let me know you did
- Share this review on Facebook & include a @Yogainmyschool.com link – limit 1/day
- Tweet the #giveaway on Twitter with a @DonnaKFreeman link – limit 1/day
- Repin on Pinterest – comment here so I have your e-mail (thanks)
Contest closes Friday, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:00 pm MDT
Winner will be contacted via e-mail and their name will be posted. You’ll have 24 hours to claim your prize before another winner is chosen. Winner’s e-mail address will be shared with the author for administrative purposes only.
Disclaimer: I am in no way reimbursed for this review. Product was generously provided for the review. The opinions expressed here are completely my own.