Breathing to Focus Attention, Calm Anxiety and Improve Respiratory Function
Help youth relax, increase vitality and improve self awareness with YIMS newest release Pranayama for Kids and Teens. This environmentally friendly, digital download provides extensive information on using effective breathing exercises and games with children of all ages from toddler to teen. Proven effective through research and in working with youth, these exercises provide fun and engaging ways to teach children to access the healing power of breathing.
The book includes:
- 30 breathing exercises to calm or energize
- 21 breathing games
- numerous adaptations to accommodate age and ability
- extensive list of the benefits of breath control
- why use props, which props to use and how to use them
- how to use sound to augment the benefits of conscious breathing
- specific exercises to combine breath with movement
- respiratory system word find
- inspirational quotes
Here is a sneak peak under the cover.
Can’t believe it … I fed my kids completely the wrong thing for breakfast (according to Ayurvedic principles). But what did I know. I’ve eaten it all my life.
Thank goodness for Cate Stillman, YogaHealer, and her easy to employ body care skills.
As I spoke with Cate during our recent interview the idea of adopting a few basic Ayurvedic practices into our lives felt more and more doable. I have a very basic understanding of Ayurveda and know I’m a strong Pitt with Vata tendencies and some ways to help keep that in balance. But there is tons I don’t know, especially as it relates to my family and raising my children with awareness of their bodies. Sure we do yoga together, make what I believe to be healthy food choices most of the time (… I do love my chocolate), and try to get adequate rest. However, I also know that we could live healthier, more vital lives with a few tweaks here and there.
- suggestions for curing mouth breathing and the reasons why nostril breathing is so important
- recipe for Boo Candy and why you’ll want to make it part of your daily diet (I’m making some today)
- tips on living a snot-free life
- and much more
Here is the article from MindBodyGreen that we refer to in the interview – Got Snot? Top 3 Reasons (and Solutions) from Ayurveda
Like YIMS on Facebook for notifications of more LIVE broadcasts