Yoga In My School offers many services to parents, teachers and youth groups.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for dates and pricing.
Integrity is a Muscle
A program to empower children and youth. This is accomplished by showing them how to enthusiastically connect with themselves and develop a firm foundation of skills and attitudes which will increase identity and understanding, and help withstand negative forces. Students are able to clearly understand and successfully live lives of peace and happiness today and in the future through comparing integrity to skeletal muscles and integrating nine character-developing themes. Visit the Integrity is a Muscle page for further information.
For those in the Greater Edmonton Area
Teachers can choose from a variety of different yoga adventure stories which coorespond to themes taught in class. From Alphabet yoga to teach basic literacy skills to yoga for character education, Donna’s classes are fun and fully interactive. Students love yoga day as they learn to connect with their outer and inner selves, improve their self regulation skills and tap into their creativity. Teachers appreciate the sense of calm in their classrooms and the increased learning readiness students exhibit. Yoga in the classroom is a fun learning modality which gets students active, engaged and meets the DPA Requirement.
Teenagers need a greater challenge and more detailed yoga instruction while keeping it fun and engaged. Yoga is especailly suited to Fit for Life, PE, school athletic teams, and CALM classes. Teachers can decide if they want:
- a series of 3 classes which progressively teach yoga poses, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques (includes standing poses, balance poses, forward bends, back bends, twists and inversions)
- a one time visit which teaches Sun Salutations – an all over body workout and great introduction to yoga [media id=5]
I will tailor make a yoga routine for your students that meets their needs and interests. If you are interested in specific applications to the curriculum please contact me and we’ll make it happen. Skype consultations available on a pay per minute basis.
90 minute, half day and full day workshops are offered. These can be catered to the interests of your staff but may include:
- Once Upon a Pose – using yoga adventure stories in the classroom
- Yoga for Literacy – using yoga poses to make reading come alive
- Yoga for Special Needs – ADHD, Autism, Down syndrome & Cerebral Palsy
- Yoga for Teens – yoga helps teens with focus, stress, self-esteem & fitness, let me show you how
- Yoga with a Chair – fun yoga routine using a basic chair, great for space contraints and coffee breaks
- Yoga for Asthma – tips & techniques for helping individuals with asthma
Sports Teams and Athletes
Yoga is extremely useful as a cross training tool, increasing strength, flexibility, lung function, and muscle efficiency, while reducing recovery time and aiding injured athletes in returning to the game more quickly. Let me know your sport and we’ll work out a routine to optimize athletic performance. Again Skype coaching available where face-to-face contact impossible.
If you’d like more information on how to bring yoga to your school or have specific questions you’d like answered be sure to contact
Donna Freeman at email@example.com