Once Upon a Pose: A Guide to Yoga Adventure Stories for Children by Donna Freeman
Described as “a unique triumph,” this guide will provide parents and teachers with all they need to know to practise yoga with kids. This one-of-a-kind book shows you step-by-step how to teach yoga to kids aged 3-12. Here you’ll find
- pose descriptions with cheerful models
- breathing exercises
- suggestions for asthmatics
- relaxation techniques with easy to implement five minute guided imagery sessions
- a multitude of fun yoga games and activities, and
- a section on yoga for special needs.
Each of the 10 yoga adventure stories have French translations and take 20-40 minutes to complete, making it perfect for meeting the Daily Physical Activity requirement. Included are 108 classroom applications for Preschool to Grade 6, along with numerous ideas to incorporate yoga into the program of studies taught in schools. In depth yet ultimately usable, Once Upon a Pose was designed for teachers, parents, and anyone interested in working with children. Doing yoga with your kids has never been easier.
Purchase here – $18.98 USD
Donna Freeman carries the torch onward to keep imagination in children’s education and lives, connecting mind with the body to keep children healthy and literate. - Sydney Solis, founder of Story Time Yoga
Once Upon a Pose is a unique triumph! Donna Freeman has successfully produced a comprehensive and ingenious guide for students and teachers. She represents a strong voice in thoughtful demonstrating the value of yoga on the body and mind. I’m particularly impressed on the coverage given to special needs cases with ADHD, autism and Downs and the way she connects yoga poses and storytelling. It’s truly the first book of its kind that covers it all in a very clever way. – Mary Kay Chryssicas, author or I Love Yoga, Breath and Yoga for Teens
For a FREE yoga adventure story download THE PET STORE from the right side bar and gain access to the easiest most effective way to teach kids yoga. Ten more stories are included in Once Upon a Pose along with much more.
- Chapter 1 – Yoga 101 – an overview of what yoga is, it’s origins, the different styles of yoga, yogic language, yamas & niyamas, and what you need to practice yoga
- Chapter 2 – How to use Yoga – the benefits of yoga for kids, the classroom applications of yoga for Pre-School to Grade 6, Yoga Clubs, Yoga Camps, and Special Needs including ADHD, Autism, Cerebral Palsy & Down Syndrome
- Chapter 3 – The Stories – 10 unique yoga adventure stories in English and French
- Chapter 4 – Asanas – how to perform 60 asanas with photographs and step-by-step instructions
- Chapter 5 – Breathing – understanding the breath, yoga for Asthma, and a variety of breathing exercises safe for children
- Chapter 6 – Relaxation – why relaxation is so vital for our children, a selection of guided imagery relaxations to use with children
- Chapter 7 – Fun with Yoga – creative exercises, yoga games & activities