Mindful Advent: Daily Dose of Peace and Calm
My gift to you this holiday season. Daily doses of peace, calm, and connection. Enjoy 25 days of movement, mudras, and meditations that invite joy and reduce stress through short videos that foster calm and connection in your life.
You can access the videos
- on Instagram @DonnaKFreeman
- on Facebook @YogaInMySchool – Mindful Advent Playlist
- on Vimeo – Mindful Advent Showcase – Password PEACE
- Angel Breath
- Candy Cane Pose
- Mukula Mudra
- Chocolate Meditation
- Gratitude Meditation
- and more
Fostering Relaxation and Calm in Children with Carolyn Clarke
Having just released her third volumn of guided relaxations for children, Imaginations 3, Carolyn Clarke shares tips of fostering relaxation and calm in children. Her Imagination series of beautifully crafted, child friendly scripts offer parents, teachers, kids yoga instructors and more a wealth of resources to use with children.
We’ll get the background on the inspiration for the visualizations, how the art is created and tips to create a conducive environment for inviting calm.
In our hurried and over programmed world relaxation is a gift which we all need. Share it this holiday season with those you love.
on the Yoga In My School Podcast
Yoga In My School podcast on iTunes
If you enjoyed this interview rate and review the show so others can find it.
+100 more on the Yoga In My School podcast on iTunes.
Chinese New Year Kids Yoga Lesson
O Christmas Tree Kids Yoga Lesson Plan
Metta Mindfulness for Thanksgiving
This holiday season cultivate a sense of gratitude and loving kindness with this quick metta mindfulness practice.
- Close your eyes, take a couple slow deep breaths
- Imagine someone who is loving and kind – a friend, relative, pet, teacher, spiritual leader, mentor
- Take a moment to bring their image to mind and feel as if you are looking into their eyes
- Imagine that person saying to you “May you be happy. May you be healthy, May you be safe. May you be at peace.” (You can use your own words or aspirations)
- Now say the same words back to that person with feeling and intention
- Now imagine your family or those who you will spend the holidays with, some of which you may not always get along. Wish them well using these same words.
Allow these words and the feeling behind them to resonate within you. Take your time. Invite gratitude and loving kindness to grow within your heart and mind.
Enjoy your holidays with a greater sense of thanksgiving and love for all.