NEW Teen Yoga Resource HOT OFF THE PRESS
Faced with a room full of hormonal teens on yoga mats: what do you do? how do you connect? How do you get them engaged?
Teaching teens is unlike instructing any other age group. They’re not kid and not yet adults. They still like to play but don’t want to be treated like children. They crave approval but will give you tons of attitude just to keep things interesting and establish their independence.
This manual walks you through how to teach teen yoga. It provides wise, practical and time-tested tips, tools and techniques that help teens manage stress and develop physically, mentally, socially and emotionally. These methods can be implemented immediately with adolescents as well as in your own life.
- Benefits of yoga & mindfulness for teens
- Authentic teen teaching
- Differences between early and late teens
- Adolescent neuroscience
- Mindfulness techniques for teens
- Yoga Nidra
- Yoga for balancing hormones/endocrine system
- Yoga for teen athletes
- Building community
- Yoga for at-risk youth
- Body image & self-esteem
- How to teach yoga philosophy to teens
- Meditation for teens
- Ayurveda for teens
Learn more about how to teach teens yoga with our Teen Yoga Online Teacher Training Course or the Teaching Teens Yoga weekend intensive.
Teaching Teens Yoga
This manual walks you through how to teach teen yoga. It provides wise, practical and time-tested tips, tools and techniques that help teens manage stress and develop physically, mentally, socially and emotionally. These methods can be implemented immediately with adolescents as well as in your own life. 57 pg full color PDF.
Here are the 4 webinars included in the Yoga for Children with Special Needs Online Training. You have one month to view them as many times as you’d like. We highly encourage you to print/save the accompanying HANDOUTS. You’ll also find access to the YIMS Yoga for Children with Special Needs Manual via digital download and some suggestions on getting the most out of your YIMS Teacher’s Lounge All Access Pass.
We highly encourage you to use the SEARCH function to access the numerous resources regarding yoga for children with special needs. Topics you’ll want to search include but aren’t limited to:
Here is a sampling of some of the many resources on teaching yoga to children with special needs.
Each month new content is added to your extensive library of resources. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to receive a Yoga for Special Needs Online Certificate? Includes a 30 minute SKYPE discussion/Q&A with Donna Freeman to solidfy your knowledge plus a homework assignment.
Over the past couple of years I’ve received great feedback regarding the YIMS Yoga for Special Needs course and manual. For those attending the workshop there was lots of time for hands-on experience and interaction to explain the various activities and expand on the notes in the manual. However many who bought the manual online asked for more.
We’re please to announce that we have expanded and revised the YIMS Yoga for Special Needs Manual and it is now available for purchase online as an environmentally friendly PDF download.
The new version includes everything from before:
- 7 Tips to Teaching Yoga to Children w Special Needs
- the Most Powerful Message and Most Powerful Tool at your disposal
- suggested breathing toys and props
- core musculature discussion and tips to improve
- 4 B’s of Self Calming
- description of Autism, ADHD, Down syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and FASD
- techniques for working with each diagnosis
- classroom management tips
- research supporting effect of yoga for children with special needs
Plus so much MORE:
- more breathing exercises & games with full descriptions
- specific poses to develop core musculature
- affirmation worksheet
- sample guided visualization
- all new meditation section
- extensive yoga techniques for sensory processing
- safe variations of yoga poses with instructions
- Kundalini Kriyas
- fun & engaging yoga games
- links to videos, interviews and more
- our recommended resources including books, flashcards and webinars
Every page is packed with yoga and mindfulness techniques to use as complementary therapy when working with differently abled children .
Yoga for Children with Special Needs Manual
Discover how to effectively use yoga based techniques as a complementary therapy for children with special needs. Understand the needs and challenges and explore creative, fun ways of engaging and supporting children with special needs in the practice of yoga. Covers specifics for Autism, ADHD, Down syndrome, Cerebral palsy and FASD. 51 full color pg PDF.
This is one of four modules to earning your RCYT designation. When held at Prana Yoga count toward 500-RYT with Prana Yoga. Always counts toward 500-RYT with Ambassador Yoga Edmonton.
Learn how to teach the youngest yogis as well as those with emotional and mental challenges techniques to control impulsivity and self-regulate.
After attending this workshop you’ll know how to:
- use music effectively in kids yoga classes
- integrate early literacy skills into your yoga classes
- adapt yoga poses to meet students needs and abilities
- effectively use yoga as a complementary therapy for children with special needs.
This experiential workshop will provide a foundation to promote the healthy development of the hearts, minds and bodies preschoolers as well as individuals diagnosed with:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Down syndrome
- Mild Cerebral palsy
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
Understand the needs and challenges and explore creative, fun ways of engaging and supporting children with special needs in the practice of yoga.
COST: $395 CD + GST
SEE EVENTS FOR ALL DATES & LOCATIONS
What participants are saying about this Workshop:
“I enjoyed my two days with Donna. I can use many of the yoga poses/games in my class on Monday morning.” – Susan Woelber
“You have inspired me. This course material has helped me better understand the reasons of using yoga with the children I work with and my own practice.” – Carla Brown
Yoga Games Galore is packed with 112 yoga games for physical, mental, social and emotional development. Adding the element of play to your yoga practice and classes is a powerful and highly enjoyable approach which considers each individual as a complex and wonderful being, while honing valuable skills, traits and attributes.
Yoga Games Galore Includes
- 20 Breathing Games such as Air Soccer, Blow Painting and Piston Breathing
- 28 Yoga Activity Games with favorites Yogi Says, Musical Mats and Yoga Jenga, as well as Leep Yoga Frog, One Om, Who’s the Leader, Animal Imitators, Postcards, Transportation Clues and many more
- an entire section of relaxation, mindfulness and meditation games — for example: Be a Wax Work, Puppet on a String and Turtle Walking
- loads of yoga games to play with balls, bean bags, feathers, hula hoops, parachutes and pompoms
Enjoy accessing the many benefits of yoga poses, breathing techniques and mindfulness while having a blast. Yoga Games Galore will take your kids/family/teen yoga classes to the next level by providing a plethora of options for every age and ability. Never be at a loss of what to do for an entire class, as an opening activity or to finish off the last 5 minutes.
Enjoy this under the cover sneak peek.
“Play is our brain’s favorite way of learning”
Yoga Games Galore is an environmentally friendly digital download arriving directly to your in-box. Save it to your hard-drive and use it again and again. Print it off for easy reference. Enjoy 40 pages of fabulous, fun yoga games.
Introductory price of only $18.97 – no shipping or handling fees (YEAH!)
Yoga Games Galore
Packed with 112 fabulous games, this Kids Yoga Teacher Resource is essential for teaching fun & playful kids, teens and family yoga classes. Includes breathing games, active yoga games, mindfulness games, relaxation games, and games with yoga props. Never be at a loss for what to do in class with Yoga Games Galore. 40 pg full color PDF
Donna had a wonderful time presenting at the National Kids Yoga Conference held in Washington, DC Sept 30-Oct 2. As a thank you for all those who attended and for our amazing YIMS community we are giving away a copy of Yoga Games Galore. Contest runs until October 12th.
a Rafflecopter giveaway