Become a kids yoga instructor from the comfort and convenience of your own home. YIMS now brings our extensive expertise to you.
Discover how easy it is to teach engaging and impactful kids yoga classes. Through a combination of media and homework the YIMS 8 week online certification course offers comprehensive training for anyone interested in bringing yoga to children. This training shows how to share the joys and benefits of yoga with children ages 4-12. Whether you are wanting to incorporate yoga into work you already do with children or want to become a kids yoga instructor as a career the YIMS Kids Yoga Online Training Course will inspire and empower you.
Online Course Outline
YIMS training courses focus on connections, self-discovery, passion, excellence and fun. All the fabulous material we cover during our in person Level 1 Teacher Training is yours. The training curriculum includes:
- 60 child friendly yoga poses
- 17 guided imagery texts
- 6 pranayama exercises ideal for children
- 20 yoga games and activities
- Intro to Kids Yoga: what is kids yoga, how it is differs from adult classes, joys and challenges of teaching kids yoga6 pranayama exercises ideal for children
- Understanding Yogic Philosophy (yamas and niyamas)
- Importance of a personal practice and assistance in developing one that fits your lifestyle
- Pranayama for kids with specific exercises to make breathing fun and engaging
- Child growth and development: Preschool to Tween
- Differences between teaching boys and girls: what to be aware of and how to do this effectively
- Yoga in School: classroom applications of yoga, essential considerations to successfully bring yoga into schools
- Classroom Management: how to promote responsibility & learning
- Relaxation techniques that work quickly and effectively
- The power of affirmations
- How to create engaging kids yoga classes: keys and components of Lesson Planning
- How to use props, musics and literature in kids yoga class
Kid Yoga Training Schedule
Expect to invest about 3 hours a week over the duration of the course.
- Kickoff : Sunday, January 12
- Week 1: Webinar, Reflections, Assignment
- Week 2: Personal Coaching Session, Develop/Expand Personal Practice
- Week 3: Videos, Interviews, Reading, Pranayama
- Week 4: Adaptability Homework, Interview
- Week 5: Interactive Classroom, Sunday, Feb 2
- Week 6: Relaxation, Reading, Homework,
- Week 7: Lesson Planning Homework, Webinar
- Week 8: Video Assignment, Personal Coaching Session, Reflections
- Graduation: Sunday, March 1
All live events occur at 8:00 pm Eastern/5:00 pm Pacific. They are recorded and sent to all participants in order to accommodate time zone differences and schedules.
- Copy of Once Upon a Pose: A Guide to Yoga Adventure stories for Children - mailed out to you
- YIMS Online Kids Yoga Teacher Training Workbook – digital download
- access to numerous training webinars
- two individual 30 minute coaching sessions with Donna Freeman
- live group Interactive Classroom
- Online Graduation Ceremony
- All Access Pass to the YIMS Teacher’s Lounge ($183.00 Value)
Kids Yoga Online Training Costs & Registration
Investment: $395.00 USD
Registration is limited so as to provide one-on-one coaching and individual attention throughout the course. Reserve your spot today!
NOTE: You will receive a Thank You email with further instructions. Course materials including the Manual download and Teacher’s Lounge login information are sent 1 week prior to the Kick-Off event.
Thanks for your interest. If you have any questions e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I have undertaken several children’s teacher trainings to date as I have always felt they have been lacking in an area I needed. The Yoga In My School course was truly comprehensive with excellent resources and covered everything I felt that I needed to know and a lot more besides. An added value is that it has really highlighted further areas of interest for follow up afterwards. Although I am experienced I feel that I have gained a real depth of understanding and a knowledge base to underpin my work giving me a real clarity about why I choose the activities I do when working with different age groups and abilities making it truly inclusive. Donna’s enthusiasm and commitment is contagious and I really have found the training a joy. ~Sarah Rush
I just wanted you to know how much I have thoroughly enjoyed Yoga In My School’s online teacher training. I have taken other Children’s yoga courses and loved them too but I have found the resources with this online 8-week course terrific, and better than I could have imagined. Over the 8-weeks I have learned a lot about teaching yoga to children; feel connected with the yoga community, world-wide, and I feel fully ready and equipped to begin teaching yoga to children. ~Tina Dala
The course was fun and comprehensive to include learning the philosophy behind and benefits of teaching yoga to children. Personalized Skype chats, Donna’s suggested thematic lessons and lesson planning tips, access to Webinars, as well as the wealth of information available through “Kids Yoga Academy” proved to be valuable resources. Donna Freeman is genuine and most knowledgeable. I would recommend Yoga In My School’s Online Yoga Class to all educators who are seeking to incorporate yoga into their curriculum. ~Rochelle Fisher
This course can be used as Yoga Alliance non-contact hours for RYTs. Additional professional organization may recognize this course. Please inquire directly with them. We are happy to answer any questions: email@example.com.