Teaching teens is unlike instructing any other age group. They’re not kids and not yet adults. They still like to play but don’t want to be treated like children. They crave approval but will give you tons of attitude just to keep things interesting and establish their independence.
This course is designed to provide you with wise, practical and time-tested tips, tools and techniques that help teens manage stress and develop physically, mentally, socially and emotionally. These methods are practical and can be implemented immediately with adolescents as well as in your own life.
This course includes:
- 4 hours of video training, including:
- Tops 5 Ways to Make Yoga Accessible to Teens – 1 hour
- Yoga for Teens: the Age Group that Needs it Most – 1 hour
- Teaching Teens Yoga Principles & Practicalities – 1 hour
- Resilient Youth: Teen Yoga for Coping w Stress – 1 hour
- Handouts from all 4 webinars (PDF format)
- YIMS Teaching Teens Yoga Manual
Want access to hundreds of additional resources including lesson plans, interviews, visualizations and more? Be sure to become a member of YIMS Teacher’s Lounge. Save 40% when purchasing with the course.
Want to receive a Teen Yoga Online Training Certificate? Includes a 30 minute SKYPE discussion/Q&A with Donna Freeman to solidfy your knowledge plus a homework assignment.
This course can be used as Yoga Alliance non-contact hours for RYTs. Additional professional organization may recognize this course. Please inquire directly with them. We are happy to answer any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.