Explore trauma using yoga and mindfulness as tools for healing. This course examines key concepts in understanding trauma, the impact it has upon the mental, physical and emotional body, and provides vital tools to create a safe, healing environment. This compassionate exploration and learning opportunity invites study and reflection to unlock the body, befriend the inner experience and foster positive response patterns. The primary focus of this training is understanding trauma. The secondary focus is on assisting children, youth and families.
- Recognize what is trauma and how traumatic experiences impact the physical, mental and emotional body
- Learn tools to support their own and their students healing, exploring how trauma informed yoga can be a powerful body-based healing tool
- Discover ways to recognize trauma responses and minimize risks
- Become knowledgeable regarding trauma informed teaching tools such as trauma informed language, physical contact, cultural sensitivity, power dynamics, and creating a safe, inclusive environment
- Gain a deeper understanding of power and privilege
- Determine personal and professional sources of support for doing this work
This course is a learn at your own pace course. Access link does not expire. Includes a 60 page manual, numerous videos, interviews, research and additional resources. Optional Certificate of Completion available. The course materials are extensive and will take 20-25 hours to complete.
NOTE: a gmail account is highly recommended for ease of access
Topics of study include and are not limited to:
- What is trauma?
- Types of trauma
- The impact of trauma on the nervous system, physical body, emotional & energetic bodies including chakras, mental body
- Behavioral manifestations of trauma and what to look for in a yoga/meditation class
- Creating a safe space; physical layout, sensory considerations, languaging, right touch
- Power and Authority: Guru culture, cultural awareness & sensitivities
- Extensive Resources and Research
All costs are in US$
Enjoy INTRODUCTORY PRICING for a limited time
Upon purchase you will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to immediately access the course. If you experience any difficulties don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Optional Certificate of Completion
Group Discount Available
When 2+ people join enjoy 10% OFF your total purchase. Email email@example.com to get your discount code.