The world needs more love, compassion and understanding.
Metta is a Pali word meaning Loving Kindness. This is a simple yet profound practice which directs our intentions to wishing ourselves and others happiness and peace. Loving Kindness Meditation helps us understand that all beings deserve compassion. I always use this meditation during February to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Loving Kindness Metta Meditation (length 5:35)
We love teaching the magic of mindfulness to kids and teens. It’s easy and amazingly effective. Learn how.
Want to bring yoga to your school? Don’t know where to start? Join us to learn best practices for a safe, effective school based yoga program.
We chat with Jennifer Cohen Harper, one of the editors of the newly published Best Practices for Yoga in Schools.
Based on the collective wisdom and experience of 23 contributors this guide supports all who desire to help students thrive.
Original Air Date: December 8, 2015
Learn more about the Yoga Service Council work, conferences & publications.
This holiday season cultivate a sense of gratitude and loving kindness with this quick metta mindfulness practice.
- Close your eyes, take a couple slow deep breaths
- Imagine someone who is loving and kind – a friend, relative, pet, teacher, spiritual leader, mentor
- Take a moment to bring their image to mind and feel as if you are looking into their eyes
- Imagine that person saying to you “May you be happy. May you be healthy, May you be safe. May you be happy.” (You can use your own words or aspirations)
- Now say the same words back to that person with feeling and intention
- Now imagine your family or those who you will spend the holidays with, some of which you may not always get along. Wish them well using these same words.
Here are the 4 webinars included in the Teen Yoga Online Training Course. You have one month to view them as many times as you’d like. We highly encourage you to print/save the accompanying PDFs. You’ll also find access to the YIMS Yoga for Teens Manual via digital download and some suggestions on getting the most out of your YIMS Teacher’s Lounge All Access Pass.
Access link granted upon purchase of the course.
Teaching Teens Yoga Manual
For those who purchased a Teacher’s Lounge membership in conjunction with the course, welcome to hundreds of kids and teen yoga resources.
We highly encourage you to use the Teen Yoga Category in the RH side bar to access the numerous resources regarding yoga and mindfulness for teenagers. A few highlights include:
- Inspiring Yoga and Meditation Quotes
- Checklist for Teaching Teens Yoga
- 4 Benefits of Yoga for Teens
- 6 Essential Steps when Teaching Yoga to Teens
- Teen Athletes Cross Train w Yoga
- Playlist for Teen Yoga Class
- 5 Ways Yoga develops Self Confidence in Teens
- What the Heck are Chakras?
- Ten Breaths
- Five Good Moments
- Mandarin Meditation
- One Word Check In
- Gratitude Mindful Breathing
- Two Minute Mindfulness Practice
- Sending Joy
- Yoga and Eating Disorders
- Yoga Beats Bullying Teaches Peace
- How Mindfulness for Teens Reduces Stress, Regulates Emotions
- Mindfulness for Youth w Dr Dan Siegel
- Yoga for Teenagers w Christy Brock
- Yoga for Girls: Benefits for Tweens & Teens
- At Risk Youth Discover Benefits of Yoga
- Ayurveda for Teens w Cate Stillman
Each month new content is added to your extensive library of resources. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to receive a Teen Yoga Online Training Certificate? Includes a 30 minute SKYPE discussion/Q&A with Donna Freeman to solidfy your knowledge plus a homework assignment.