This is one of four modules to earning your RCYT designation. When held at Prana Yoga count toward 500-RYT with Prana Yoga.
Learn how to teach the youngest yogis as well as those with emotional and mental challenges techniques to control impulsivity and self-regulate.
After attending this workshop you’ll know how to:
- use music effectively in kids yoga classes
- integrate early literacy skills into your yoga classes
- adapt yoga poses to meet students needs and abilities
- effectively use yoga as a complementary therapy for children with special needs.
This experiential workshop will provide a foundation to promote the healthy development of the hearts, minds and bodies preschoolers as well as individuals diagnosed with:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Down syndrome
- Mild Cerebral palsy
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- a copy of Yoga In My School: Yoga for Childrenwith Special Needs Training Manual
- Yoga for Literacy resources
- suggested music for Kids Yoga Classes
Join us for a weekend workshop
September 9-10, Centered on Centre Ave
COST: $395.00 + GST
September 22-24, Prana Yoga Studio, Edmonton
“I enjoyed my two days with Donna. I can use many of the yoga poses/games in my class on Monday morning.” – Susan Woelber
“You have inspired me. This course material has helped me better understand the reasons of using yoga with the children I work with and my own practice.” – Carla Brown