Breathing to Focus Attention, Calm Anxiety and Improve Respiratory Function
Help youth relax, increase vitality and improve self awareness with YIMS newest release Pranayama for Kids and Teens. This environmentally friendly, digital download provides extensive information on using effective breathing exercises and games with children of all ages from toddler to teen. Proven effective through research and in working with youth, these exercises provide fun and engaging ways to teach children to access the healing power of breathing.
The book includes:
- 30 breathing exercises to calm or energize
- 21 breathing games
- numerous adaptations to accommodate age and ability
- extensive list of the benefits of breath control
- why use props, which props to use and how to use them
- how to use sound to augment the benefits of conscious breathing
- specific exercises to combine breath with movement
- respiratory system word find
- inspirational quotes
Here is a sneak peak under the cover.
What a week! Over 1000 people came through the Mandala Magic site activity over the 5 days of the International Children’s Festival. We used 45 gallons of rice to create hundreds of colorful mandalas.
Many teachers and parents asked how the rice was colored to achieve the bright, vibrant colors. Here is the recipe I used – the secret ingredient is hand sanitizer.
- 8 cups rice
- 1/2 bottle food coloring (less for lighter color)
- 4 Tbsp hand sanitizer
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Spread in rimmed cookie sheet to dry (approx 30-45 mins).